So i haven’t been quite as good today as i’ve gotten 3/4 through one book and 1/2 way through another:
Weekly Wrap Up
So in total this week i finished 6 books + 2/5 + 3/4 + 1/2 which overall takes me over my hope of 7, however it would have been better to complete 7 full books. The books i finished are:
and 2/5ths of:
and 1/2 of:
I almost wish i did a read-a-thon every week because i seem to get a lot more done! I want to thank our wonderful hosts Francine at Always Lost in Books and Farzy at Books Keep Me Sane, it’s been so much fun taking part in this read-a-thon and has definitely encouraged me to read more than i currently do! Reviews of all the books read this week will be up ASAP with Her Mad Hatter already being available here.
Now for today’s challenge:
What books/bookish things do you want to give someone this christmas?
So i’m going to narrow this down to basically certain types of books i’d recommend to people based on what sort of thing they like and my favourite books i’ve read recently.
1. Splintered by A.G. Howard – this book blew my mind this year. It was fantastic and anyone that likes Alice in Wonderland or fairy tale remakes should definitely give this a try! Also look at how pretty the cover is! I mean why wouldn’t you want it?
2. Angelfall by Susan Ee – for those that like apocalyptic type books and doesn’t hold back for fear of what people will think. This book was incredible and i still need to read World After! If your family/friend like dystopian’s / the end of the world, definitely pick this up for them!
3. Poison Study by Maria V. Snyder – i still think this is one of my favourite books ever and anyone that likes fantasy worlds without all the goblins and elves would love this too! It’s such a magical story and it’d be great for more people to be able to read it!
4. Wither by Lauren DeStefano – For those that like the possibility of what might happen due to human modification. I loved this book and the storyline is so gripping! Definitely recommended though maybe not for young readers!
5. Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead – For all the vampire lovers out there, infinitely better than Twilight and still one of the best Vampire series i have read!
I could carry on and recommend so many more, however i feel that 5 is a good number to stop at. Plus this post is going to be picture heavy enough as it is!
How’s your read-a-thon going/gone?
Thanks for reading,