The Beat the Heat Readathon is hosted by Jessi @ Novel Heartbeat and Reanna @ Phantasmic Reads . It takes place in the last three weeks in august and is designed as a ‘reading break’ from the real world! I’ve been really enjoying taking part in COYER this year, however have not read as many books as i had hoped. Hopefully me taking part in the 2nd Annual Beat the Heat Readathon will be able to encourage me to read more books throughout the summer. I currently don’t have any books on my list that i HAVE to read, however as the readathon starts i’ll try and give a more general idea, i may even do a couple of randomly chosen books to keep it interesting 🙂 I do plan on hopefully reading at least 10 books over the three weeks and improving my netgalley rating, as well as actually starting to post reviews of books back onto the blog 🙂
Right now onto the rules:
- The Beat the Heat Readathon runs from August 11th to September 1st. What does this readathon entail, you ask? Well, read as much or as little as you want – the main point is to READ! You set your own goal, and for three weeks you read as many books as you can/want to reach your goal!
- There will be mini-challenges throughout the Readathon for participants, along with a grand prize giveaway at the end!
- Sign up at Novel Heartbeat or over at Phantasmic Reads. You may join whenever you like, but to be eligible for our grand prize giveaway, you must sign up by August 24th.
- To join, all you have to do is make a sign-up post – even if it’s just a “Let’s do this!” thing – and add your post URL to the linky below! You can put your goals and progress (will be required for the final giveaway) in your sign-up post, or you can make it separate. Totally up to you! (You are welcome to use the template we provide as well.)
- In order to enter for the grand prize, you must have a post to keep track of your progress so we can see that you participated.
Sounds like it’s going to be so much fun and i’m looking forward to participating in these little mini challenges throughout the weeks 🙂 I just remember that i do actually have friends coming over to visit during this time but hopefully i’ll be able to work around it. If not, i will be cramming that last week 🙂
Thanks for reading,